The WAY Portfolios
The WAY Portfolios have been established to provide serious investors with cost effective access to the world's stockmarkets. A carefully weighted combination of the three portfolios can achieve an enduring and tax-efficient investment solution for most discerning investors.
Investors stay in control of and can adjust their risk exposure at any time by changing the balance of the portfolios held
Investment returns from a portfolio depends on the performance of the underlying assets. It is crucial that both the overall asset allocation and specific individual investments are not only relevant at the outset but remain appropriate to reflect changing market conditions. Bearing in mind that last year's top performing sector and/or specialist fund can often turn into one of next year's laggards, there is plenty of incentive to seek cautious but active management.
The element of risk in equity investment can be reduced through diversification and active management. By avoiding too much dependence on any one country, stockmarket or sector and incorporating a diversity of asset classes (global equities, UK equities and fixed interest stocks), it is possible to restrict extreme volatility. This can be achieved whilst benefiting from a measured exposure to the more dynamic stockmarkets and sectors available at any particular time.
Selecting A Portfolio Profile
The WAY Portfolio strategy allows investors to construct their own personal portfolio by combining any one or more of the distinct portfolio styles available:
WAY Global Cautious Portfolio Fund
- is a conservatively managed portfolio invested in a range of asset classes. The fund can invest in equities, fixed interest, property investments as well as protected funds, zeros, commodities and low-risk hedge funds. Not all of these asset classes will be held at all times, but rather they will be mixed and matched as market conditions dictate. The fund is ideally suited for use with the WAY Inheritor Plan where capital preservation is the key objective.
WAY Global Blue Managed Portfolio Trust
- is a balanced portfolio invested on a fully international basis but with a strong emphasis on the UK. It is primarily an equity portfolio but always includes a small element of fixed interest investment to add balance and stability.
WAY Global Red Active Portfolio Trust
- is an actively managed, somewhat more adventurous, international equity portfolio which, while still generally having an overweight position in the UK, tends to have proportionately greater exposure to the higher growth and emerging economies of the world. Active management is equally focussed on seeking opportunity and controlling risk.
WAY MA Cautious Portfolio Fund
- is a conservatively managed international fund suitable for cautious investors. The manager will apply a conviction approach to lead his selection of different asset classes, different managers and different investment vehicles to construct and manage the portfolio.
WAY MA Growth Portfolio Fund
- is an actively managed international fund which seeks to provide a high level of capital growth. The portfolio has a high growth, high conviction approach and is managed through a three strand strategy of core, conviction and alternative investments.
WAY Green Portfolio Fund
- aims to produce capital growth with the potential for income through a thematic international investment approach in funds with 'green' credentials such as a focus on social and environmental considerations.
WAY Charteris Gold Portfolio Fund
- is an actively managed portfolio primarily consisting of instruments with direct underlying gold exposure and shares in companies worldwide whose core business is involved in the mining, refining, production and marketing of gold. Investment may be undertaken indirectly in other commodities, minerals and precious metals.
WAY Absolute Return Portfolio Fund
- aims to produce positive absolute returns in all market conditions on a 12 month basis It invests across a variety of hedge fund related investments, including investment trusts of hedge funds, quoted hedge funds and distributor status hedge funds, as well having a smaller exposure to UCITS III absolute return funds and other vehicles offering non-equity correlated returns, such as Life Settlements.
WAY Freestyle Growth Portfolio Fund
- aims to achieve long-term capital appreciation. The Fund focuses on delivering returns from investment across the eligible markets of the world. The investment adviser invests on an unconstrained basis for growth investment.
All gains realised within each WAY Portfolio are free of Capital Gains Tax. This has the considerable advantage to unitholders of allowing the portfolios to be actively managed solely on investment criteria - free of tax considerations. Potential liability to Capital Gains Tax arises only when a unitholder makes a profit on the sale of units in any of the Portfolios themselves.
Reasons To Choose the WAY Portfolios
The Portfolios are managed by acknowledged leaders within the fields of Global and UK investment.
Wider diversification than would be possible within a smaller personal portfolio.
All gains realised within the Portfolios are free of Capital Gains Tax (CGT). Potential liability to CGT only arises when a unitholder makes a profit on the sale of Portfolio units.
Lower costs in dealing with underlying assets than would be possible within a smaller personal portfolio because of economies of scale.
Far less administration and paperwork for all concerned. Straightforward monitoring of performance based on published unit prices.
An investment in the WAY Portfolios can be enhanced by a simple and cost-effective progressive conversion into the tax protection afforded by an ISA.
Access to a Higher Income Stream
Investors requiring a higher income can employ their existing holdings by utilising the WAY Income Plan.
Investors stay in control of and can adjust their risk exposure at any time by changing the balance of the portfolios held.
Larger investments can be 'phased' into the portfolios from a cash unit trust over 5 or 10 months.